The department has commenced its functioning in the year 2008-09 with an intake of 60 students in UG program (B.TECH in mechanical engineering) with affiliation to JNTU KAKINADA University. The department started M.Tech programs under JNTUK in thermal engineering with intake of 18 students in the year 2014-15.
The program curriculum emphasizes on Design, Materials & Manufacturing, Thermal Engineering, and also interdisciplinary areas like CAD/CAM/CAED, Automation, Operational Research, Mechatronics, FEM, Managerial Aspects of Industry. The department has wide ranging exposure and vast experienced faculty in their respective fields of specialization.
It s a colossal and commodious building with relevantly equipped laboratories embedded with LCD screens as well as ergonomically supported chairs.The Mechanical department also fulfills the needs of the students appearing for the engineering examinations and for those who wish to enhance their communication skills.
PROGRAMS: Diploma in mechanical engineering ( DME ) Basically diploma holders in Mechanical engineering are imparted training to work in industry as supervisor of production shops which includes supervision of worker working on the machines. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is for three years, minimum eligibility for which is an intermediate (10 + 2) in science or after 10th. Subjects usually studied under this degree are engineering mechanics, engineering materials, machine design, engineering economics, power plant engineering , hydraulics and hydraulic machinery,thermodynamics and heat engines,engineering mathematics, design ,drafting etc. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech in Mechanical engineering):
The undergraduate course aims at providing the fecund brains with rudimentary knowledge. Instructions are imparted in the areas of Design of Mechanical Components and systems, Production Engineering, Thermal engineering, Management Techniques, computer programming, Numerical Analysis and Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Energy Conversion, refrigeration. Design and fabrication projects are also undertaken as part of the curriculum. Master of Technology (M.Tech in Thermal Engineering):
Starting in the academic year 2014-15 the department is offering M Tech. degree in thermal Engineering, with a minimum intake of 18 students every year. The program is aimed at translating theoretical knowledge to practical applications and developing strong linkage with research institutions and industrial R & D units. Under the guidance of our faculty and visiting faculty from such prestigious institutions the department endeavors to realize the potential of tomorrow’s thermal engineers.
A major effort of the department is directed toward the creation of a stimulating intellectual environment in which undergraduate students can develop to their maximum potentials. Faculty members encourage undergraduate students to participate in both fundamental and applied research. Students have excellent opportunities to participate actively in the classroom and laboratories and to follow special interests within a subject area.
1. Assist prof Mr.CH.RAMAKRISHNA Published a paper on “Design modification and heat flux analysis of air cooled fins for different materials” in IJERT journal.
2. Form 21st to 25th of feb 2017, Our faculty Mr. B.B.V.KishoreAsst.prof attentened for 5 days workshop which was conducted on “ Smart Electric Power Grid With Emphasis Embedded Systems And Cyber Security“ at JNTU Kakinada.
3. On 23rd feb 2017, Tech Expo-2K17 has been conducted and students from all the departments actively participated in various presentations like Paper presentations, Poster presentations, Model presentations etc and some other activities like Art and Handicrafts exhibition. Finally prizes have been distributed and certificates provided to all the participants.
4. Our Faculty Mr. K. Muralidhar, Ch. Ramakrishna, B.B.V.Kishore, E.S.Mahesh, B.V.V.N.Sateesh, P.V.Saiprasad participated in one day programme on “uLektz fellowship programme” organized by uLektz education technology associate, held on 16th feb 2016.
5. The day 11th Jan 2017 has been celebrated as “The Traditional Day” on the eve of “SANKRANTHI” festival and created festival atmosphere in the college by all the students and staff memebers wearing the dresses in traditional way and by conducting Rangoli competitions and some other festival competitions.
6. On 21st Dec 2016, a guest lecture was conducted in the college premises, by “Sri Akella Raghavendra garu” who give motivational speeches to the young people and give coaching for civil services to the IAS aspirants.
7. On 30th Dec 2016, the students of Mechanical department have visited machinery and working of polavaram project at polavaram, under the surveillance of Y.Vikas and P.V.Saiprasad Asst.prof of Mechanical Department.
8. On 10th Oct 2016, Aayudha pooja had been conducted in the workshop lab on the eve of “Dussera(Durgastami)”.
9. On 15th Sep 2016, Engineer’s Day was celebrated on the eve of great Indian engineer “Mokshagundam Visweshwarayya’s” birthday.
10. On 30th Aug 2016, ETV plus channel conducted a entertainment programme called “Jil-Jil-Jiga” in the college premises. All the students have participated in this events and made it successful and very joyfull.
11. Assist prof Mr.E.SIVA MAHESH Published a paper on Fabrication and investigation of deformation behavior of Al-10Si TiB2 composites in IJRSP journal.
12. Assist prof Mr.P.V. SAI PRASAD Participated and presented the paper “Evaluation of percentage of Dilution in the GAS METAL ARC WELDING” in National Conference on Research issues and Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRRME-2014) held on 24th & 25th January 2014.
13. Assist prof Mr.E.SIVA MAHESH Published a paper on dry sliding wear behavior of Al-10Si TiB2 particulate composites in IJERT journal.
14. P. Anusha, B.Lakshmi, S.Madhusudan, Ch.Ramakrishna “ flexural creep studies on Banana-Pineapple Hybrid Natural composites” JABER(Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research) volume 2, Number 7 April-June 2015.
15. Assist prof Mr.E.SIVA MAHESH Published paper on corrosion studies on Al-10Si TiB2 composite produced through stir casting method in IJAERS.
1. Our Department Student S.Sai kalyan participant in A.K.R.G. Talent Expo-2K17, conducted on 23rd feb 2017 and got first place in project presentation, participant certificate and organization Certificate.
2. Our Department Students P.Mallikarjun Reddy, CH.V.Hanumanth attended for campus drive held by HGS in A.K.R.G.College on 11/02/2017 and got recruited for the post of technical support executive.
3. Our Department Student P.Mallikarjun Reddy attended for campus drive held by “ Global Consultation service Pvt. Ltd.” In A.K.R.G. College on 24/12/2016 & Got hired for the post of Sales Executive Director.
4. Our Department Student P.Mallikarjun Reddy attended for campus drive held by “BACELOR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS” in Guntur on 27/11/2016 and got recruited for the post of Software Developer.
5. S.Sai kalyan have registered in NPTEL Online course and Soft skills development Programme or duration Jul to Sep-2016 and Secured 46% of Score and got Merit Certificate by IIT-Kharagpur.
6. Our Department Student S.Sai kalyan,R.Manikanta Srinu attended for 2 days workshop held by TORQUE-16 from 20TH feb-2016 to 21st feb 2016 at jntu kakinada University.
7. Our Department Student S.Sai kalyan,S.Leela Shankar,G.Pavan,D.Raju,CH.Anil Kumar attended for 3 days work shop held on “VEHICAL OVERHANDLING” at Vishnu College Of Engg, Bhimavaram form 4th feb 2016 to 6th feb 2016 and got participant certificate.
8. Our Department Student S.Sai kalyan,A.Praveen Kumar,A.Gopichand,J.Bhimaraju have participanted in IPR&PATENT Event-2015 held on 17th july 2015 at Mallineni Engineering College and got participant certificate.
9. Our Department Student P.Mallikarjun Reddy attended for Dr.Reddy’s campus drive held in A.K.R.G. College on 18/03/2015 and selected for the post of Chemical Lab Research Assistant.